Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's been awhile

I know. But yesterday I was driving and I saw something that I just had to post. You know those people who stand on corners holding signs trying to get you to go to their stores? Well, there was a guy holding a Little Caesars pizza sign on a corner in Roseville. Now, I have two issues with this sign. Okay, one with the sign, and one with the person holding it.

Let's talk about the sign. It was two-sided, which is understandable. However, the writing on each side was not in the same direction. So, if the guy was holding it so that the side that said "Large pizza $5.99 every day" was legible, the side that said "Pizza Pizza" was upside-down. Now, you may be inclined to point out that I was able to read both sides. That's true. But the upside-down part took extra effort that shouldn't be expended while driving. My point is: it seems like it would make more sense to have them both written the same way so people on both sides of the sign can read it. I think business would pick up.

Now, on to the person. He looked like a nice man. But he was holding a bright orange sign and SHAKING it up and down to get people's attention. If the point of the sign is so that people are able to read what it says, why would he shake it? It was just a blur. I think the orange was enough to get people's attention. Again, you may be inclined to point out that I could read it. Well, I was stopped at a stop light and the guy stopped shaking it for about ten seconds.

Even if I were interested in buying Little Caesar's pizza, I would boycott now.

No comments: