Monday, December 22, 2008

??

My desk at my office is right by the aisle. Consequently, I hear snippets of conversation by people passing by. Just a second ago, I heard a conversation that went like this:

Person 1 (p1): Hi
Person 2 (p2): Hi, how are you?
P1: I'm good, how are you?
P2: ugh, I'm sick
P1: Oh really? Fun.

I don't know about you, but I don't find being sick a fun thing. If someone asked me what I am doing for fun these days, would I answer "Getting sick.?" No. Of course not. Being sick isn't fun.

I think if a person can't come up with an appropriate response to something like that, they should probably just keep their mouth shut and move on. Now, not only does P2 think P1 has a really twisted sense of fun, but P1 just sounds like an idiot. A more appropriate response probably would've been "Oh, I hope you feel better soon," or "maybe you should've taken the day off." Keep that in mind.

3 comments:

Alena Finsky said...

I thought it was supposed to be called "I just don't understand why".

Stacy said...

You need a comma after "consequently."

JASON said...

Tough crowd. I say keep on delivering commentary the public wants (me).